Sausage and Spinach Frittata
Sausage and spinach frittata – a delectable egg dish that tastes AMAZING and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 5 eggs
- 2 sausage links about 6oz chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- dash of salt and black pepper for sauteing the veggies
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Chop onions, red bell pepper, spinach, and sausage.
Pour in olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
When heated add onions.
After about a minute, add the red bell pepper and sausage and stir.
Add in a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
While waiting, break 5 eggs in a bowl.
Pour in the heavy whipping cream, cheese and add salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
Pour the chopped spinach into the skillet with the other veggies and stir for a minute just until it begins to wilt.
Pour in the egg mixture and give a big stir, making sure everything is well incorporated and spread out.
Let cook for a minute just until the outer edges begin to turn yellow.
Carefully transfer the skillet to the lower or middle rack of your oven and set a timer for 7 minutes.
After about 7 minutes, check if it’s done. It will be mostly set with the top just a bit jiggly.
If not done, leave for 2 more minutes.
Bring it out and let sit for 5 more minutes. The residual heat will still continue to cook it from the inside.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe serves 4 and has 4g carbs per serving.
- When you pour the eggs into the sauteed veggies, make sure you give a quick stir from the bottom of the skillet so it does not begin to burn. Don’t over stir; a few big stirs will do.
- Don’t use the top oven rack, or the top of the frittata might begin to burn before the inside is ready. You want the sausage and spinach frittata to cook from the bottom up so that by the time the top is done, you're sure the insides are done as well.
- When baking the frittata, watch it very carefully so it doesn't begin to burn. Take it out when the center is still slightly jiggly and it looks mostly done. It will continue to cook at room temperature.
- Don’t omit dairy or any creamer or the frittata will turn out quite dry. For a dairy-free option, use almond or coconut milk.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 239mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2110IU | Vitamin C: 27.4mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1.5mg