This leftover turkey stir fry recipe is a great way to use up all the leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving celebration. It is great for meal prep and is ready in just 20 minutes!
If your household is like mine, there is a TON of turkey left after your Thanksgiving celebration! After stuffing yourself with turkey and all those delicious side dishes, the last thing you want to think about eating is more turkey.
But before you throw it in the freezer and forget about it for the next two months, try this delicious turkey stir fry recipe. It’s so easy to make and versatile and ready in just 20 minutes!
Ingredients used to make leftover turkey stir fry
- Leftover Turkey: I basically remove as much turkey flesh as I can from the bones and cut into smaller pieces. I used my hand to shred it but you can use a knife if you prefer.
- Vegetables: Bell peppers, onions, and broccoli cuts.
- Olive oil: for sautéing vegetables.
- Spices: coconut aminos, black pepper, curry, bouillon powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
How to prepare leftover turkey stir fry
Shred the leftover turkey in a bowl and chop the bell peppers and onions. I use frozen broccoli cuts for this recipe but you can use fresh broccoli if that's what you have. If using frozen, microwave for about a minute to defrost.
Add olive oil to a skillet and when it gets hot, add the onions. When the onions begin to get tender, add the bell peppers and broccoli cuts and stir.
Add the black pepper, curry, and smoked paprika. Do not add the other spices just yet. Stir fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat, then add the turkey and stir some more. Allow it to simmer a bit, then add the bouillon powder and coconut aminos and taste for salt.
Because the turkey already contains salt when baked, you don’t want to run the risk of adding too much salt, so only add more salt if needed.
Stir for 5 more minutes and your leftover turkey stir fry is ready to eat!
What can I eat with this turkey stir fry?
I love to eat this with cauliflower rice or shirataki rice as it makes a great meal prep dish. I usually have plain cauliflower rice in the fridge most days and I like to just scoop up some of this turkey stir fry, drizzle some more oil and spices and I have a full, delicious meal ready in no time.
Check out these delicious low-carb holiday dishes!
Enjoy more healthy turkey recipes!
Leftover Turkey Stir Fry
- Chop the red bell pepper and onions and microwave the frozen broccoli cuts for a minute.
- Shred the turkey in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil in a skillet and set to medium heat.
- Add the onions when heated and stir till it gets tender.
- Add the bell peppers and broccoli cuts and stir.
- After a minute, add the black pepper, curry and smoked paprika and mix together.
- After 5 minutes, add the turkey and stir.
- Allow it to simmer a bit, then add the bouillon powder and coconut aminos.
- Only add more salt if needed.
- Let simmer on medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!