This spiced bulletproof coffee is creamy and has lovely hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. If you want a drink that can keep you full all morning, you need to give this a try!
I have been addicted to coffee for the longest time, and most times, I like it straight black. But sometimes I long for a warm, soothing coffee drink that won't cost a fortune or send me running to the nearest coffee shop.
This creamy spiced bulletproof coffee is an excellent keto alternative to more expensive lattes. It saves me money and precious time when I am up and about. It is rich and creamy and so satisfying!
Health benefits of bulletproof coffee
If you've been in the keto community for any length of time, you might have heard about bulletproof coffee. If you haven't, here's a quick summary.
Bulletproof coffee is an excellent drink that helps you start your day right by providing much-needed nutrients and health benefits. It usually contains a lot of healthy fats and no carbs.
Some of its benefits include:
- It keeps you feeling full longer and helps stave off cravings.
- Improved metabolism and weight loss.
- It helps keep you in ketosis.
- It improves energy and mental focus.
- Brewed Coffee: Whip up a batch of your favorite coffee without adding any ingredients. It can be any brand you love but watch out for hidden sugars.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent addition to this recipe because it helps your body stay in ketosis. It also contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which is a type of fat that helps boost fat-burning.
- Heavy whipping cream: This gives the coffee a creamy texture and helps it foam up when blended together.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: These two spices add a warm and earthy flavor to this coffee.
- Sugar-free Torani hazelnut syrup: This brand of sugar-free syrup is seriously amazing! I have been using this in my coffee since I began my keto journey, and it has never failed me yet. There are so many different flavors, and you can get them at your local grocery store or on Amazon. Another favorite of mine is the Torani vanilla flavor. So good!
How To Make This Recipe
- First, brew your favorite coffee and pour it into a personal blender or nutribullet. Then, measure out and add the coconut oil and heavy whipping cream.
- Lastly, add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar-free hazelnut syrup and blend until it is creamy and frothy!
- There are a few other ingredients you can add to boost the fat content in this bulletproof coffee. You can add ghee, butter, cacao butter, or collagen protein powder for an extra boost of nutrients.
- Pumpkin puree is a perfect addition to this spiced coffee during the fall and winter season. Other spices you can add include gingerbread spice, pumpkin pie spice, or ground ginger.
- If you don't want to use the Torani sugar-free syrup, you can use monk fruit sweetener or your favorite low carb sweetener.
- If you do not have a personal-sized blender, I highly recommend getting one to reduce the amount of time you have to clean the blender after making a batch of coffee. My favorites are the Ninja Personal blender and Nutribullet.
- Another way you can make this recipe is with an electric frother. This machine is compact and even easier to clean than a blender, and it takes about 20 seconds to foam up your spiced coffee.
- The point of blending the coffee is so that the cream can froth up and get every ingredient incorporated together. Never attempt to whisk this coffee by hand, it will end up tasting oily, and you will not have a good consistent texture.
Check out these other low carb breakfast ideas!
Spiced Bulletproof Coffee
- Brew your favorite coffee and pour it into a personal blender or nutribullet.
- Measure out and add the coconut oil and heavy whipping cream.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar-free hazelnut syrup and blend until it is creamy and frothy!